The Horizon 2020 grant proposal must meet a set of criteria in order to be successfully evaluated, while competing in a highly competitive environment. Our Horizon 2020 workshop shares our two-decades worth of hands on experience in this specific type of grant.
COVID-19 Update: As long as travel restrictions remain in effect due to COVID-19, this workshop will only be available through our online webinar option (more information below).
The objective and added value of our Horizon 2020 workshop:
The Horizon 2020 workshop addresses both the required elements encompassing a Horizon 2020 grant proposal, as well as conceptual elements that are not available in the guide for applicants.
During the workshop we will present the key ingredients to success: the spirit and the essence of these grants, the way the “machine” in Brussels works, and its implications during the pre-award and post-award phases. Additionally, we will introduce our unique and proven methodology for developing and coordinating Horizon 2020 project proposals.
To elevate applications, we will refer to the intangible concept of the required “Excellence” in these projects, while using our extensive experience in ERC as a reference. This will add the “ERC standard”, which enables us to aim higher in all dimensions, including both the way the project is crafted conceptually and the way it is then presented. This process and approach is proven to be a clear benefit to Horizon 2020 applicants.
- Concept formation
- Consortium building and management, addressing the coordination challenge and dilemma
- Crystallizing the required “Excellence”
- Addressing the Impact
- Preparing for execution
- Planning the work plan
- Planning coordination tasks
- Orchestrating the proposal writing
- Technical aspects and issues
- Ethical annex
- Submitting the proposal
- and more
As we discuss the above, we always keep in mind the most important grant writing aspect – the point of view of the reviewers. Since we know what reviewers are looking for, we know exactly what researchers should focus on and what they should avoid.
The who, where, and when of our Horizon 2020 workshop:
- Who participates in our Horizon 2020 workshop? Participants from academia, industry researchers, professionals from SMEs, and entrepreneurs who wish to apply for Horizon 2020. The workshop can also be customized to accommodate the needs of research managers and funding advisers. Learn more here.
- Where does our Horizon 2020 workshop take place?
- Online – Our workshop is provided online through a live web conferencing platform.
- On-site – Our training sessions are on-site booked by our institutional clients. We bring our experts all the way to you.
- When should you schedule the workshop? We recommend to book as soon as possible to give considerable time (no later than 3-6 months before a deadline) so there is enough time for the application process following the workshop.
Would you like to receive more information about our workshop?
*It is understood and agreed that provided information must be kept confidential. Enspire Science does not disclose the confidential information obtained