The ERC Interview is a unique window of opportunity to communicate with the ERC review panel, clarify open questions, and further impress them with your project. Researchers must prepare for the interview based on the unique nature of the ERC.
To help prepare for this unique opportunity – Enspire Science offers the below ERC Interview Service.
ERC 2020 CoG/SyG applicants – The COVID-19 online format of the ERC Interview includes a very short oral presentation (CoG – at the range of 2-10 minutes depending on the review panel), without the use of a slide presentation. This is followed by a Q & A session.
Personalized ERC Interview Preparation Service
ERC Interview Online Course
The first stage of our service is an online pre-recorded course to be viewed by researchers at their own time and pace.
ERC 2020 CoG/SyG applicants – DISCLAIMER Due to the COVID-19 format change, please note that the content of this course refers to an interview that includes a slide presentation, however its overall essence is relevant to the current format as well due to the extremely short oral presentation that is required.
The online course covers the following information:
- General information and technical overview of the ERC interview
- How to develop the main presentation for the interview (knowing the audience – the review panel, building the right narrative for this audience, expected outline and thinking process, take-home message and technicalities)
- How to prepare for the Q&A session (what to expect, recurring questions, using extra slides, how to handle scientific dispute in the interview, etc.)
- An ERC-customized presentation skills training and closing tips
It is possible to purchase this ERC Interview online course exclusively. To do so, fill out this form.
ERC 2020 CoG/SyG applicants –
The current COVID-19 online interview format provides panel members the opportunity to ask further questions about the proposed research, on top of a short oral presentation about the project proposal. We will work together with the applicant to prepare for possible questions and how to address them.
As various review panels require a very short oral presentation of the project proposal (without slides), we will employ our training model for developing a concise oral presentation that is individual and based on the specific PI’s application and review panel (for CoG only).
The personalized preparation is individual, customized, remote and based on the specific PI’s ERC application and the review panel(s), and includes the following steps:
- Strategic planning. A personalized brainstorming session with the applicant. We will discuss the best way to pitch the project during the interview and address possible questions, taking into account the project’s content, specific guidelines from the panel and more. The output of this session is clear guidance for the applicant to prepare the narrative for the pitch and answers to the anticipated questions.
- Ongoing feedback. Following the strategic planning, and before the 1st rehearsal, we will provide ongoing feedback to the applicant on drafts of the pitch narrative and answers to anticipated questions. Applicants are advised to make use of this opportunity and communicate with us for any question or assistance relating to their interview preparation.
- 1st rehearsal. This session will include detailed feedback about the pitch, its inner logic, how it is addressing the expected key scientific issues, as well as any other relevant aspects, further discussions about potential questions and answers, pitfalls and weaknesses of the ERC application, and how to improve and address all of the above for the interview.
- 2nd rehearsal. Similar to the 1st rehearsal, this session will include a rehearsal followed by deep discussion about all the important aspects that the applicant should mind during the actual interview. The main goal of this session is to ensure that the applicant has covered all aspects and is fully ready for the interview.
The added value of our personalized ERC Interview Preparation service:
- This service is individual. Unlike group settings, strategic planning of the interview & the rehersals focus all attention directly on the applicant.
- The applicant will receive very focused instructions based on the specific ERC application and the review panel(s).
- In addition to the 3 scheduled meetings, the researcher will receive ongoing communications and support to ensure 100% preparation.
Additional method of engagement for ERC Interview Training for Synergy Grant:
During the Personalized ERC Interview Preparation we work to reflect the synergy of the team, the unique attributions and contributions of each PI, and prepare all for the interview.
For all ERC calls – please refer to our timeline and deadline policies to learn more about the best time for this service, and our deadline for accepting new applications.
Ready to begin?
See what past participants said about our training: