The ERC Interview PreparationTraining service prepares the applicant for the ERC interview.
The added value of our training service:
- Our unique service offers training that is individual and based on the specific ERC application and the review panel(s).
- The applicant will receive very focused instructions relating specifically to his/her project.
- We offer ongoing communications and support, apart from 4 scheduled meetings, to ensure 100% preparation.
- Strategic planning of the interview, as well as the rehearsals, focus all attention directly at the applicant – different from group settings
Understanding just how unique each process must be, we clearly see the value individual training brings to each applicant.
The ERC Interview Preparation Training package includes the following four elements and sessions:
Session I: An opening training session which covers:
- General information and technical overview of the interview
- Developing the main presentation
- How prepare for the Q&A session
- An ERC- customized presentation skills training
Session II: Strategic planning which covers:
A personalized brainstorming session with the applicant. We will discuss the best way to present the project in the interview, taking into account the project content, specific guidelines from the panel and all information presented in Session I. The output of this session is clear guidance and a set of action items for the applicant to prepare the presentation.
Presentation drafts exchange: Following Session II and before the 1st rehearsal (Session III), we will provide ongoing feedback to the applicant on drafts of the presentation, as required. Applicants are advised to make use of this opportunity and communicate with us for any question or assistance relating to their interview preparation.
Session III – 1st rehearsal – will preferably take place 3-4 weeks before the actual interview.
Session IV – 2nd rehearsal – will preferably take place 7-10 days before the actual interview.
General terms about Session III and IV (the two rehearsals):
- In both rehearsals we will simulate the real interview presentation and Q&A. We will provide feedback to applicant and simulate various questions that the applicant may have to answer in the interview, as well as how to address potential scientific disputes. The questions will cover conceptual, technical, operational and any other relevant issues, such as potential distractions.
- It is possible and recommended to invite others (peers, colleagues, with or without experience in ERC) to the rehearsals sessions. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to arrange and coordinate these sessions with the invitees.
- The training and rehearsals can be done remotely (over video conferencing) or on-site.
- All rehearsals are conducted with at least two experienced trainers from our company.
***It is understood and agreed that provided information must be kept confidential. Enspire Science does not disclose the confidential information obtained.
Would you like to receive more information about this service? Let us know below and we’ll take it from there.