Note: We will soon transition from the Horizon 2020 framework (ending on December 2020) to the new Horizon Europe framework that will launch on January 2021 for the duration of 7 years. As such, we no longer offer this Horizon 2020 course. Instead, we invite you to sign up to be notified about the launch of our Horizon Europe course.
Sign up at the bottom of this page.
The objective and added value:
The Clinical Trials in Horizon 2020 workshop attends to the main challenge and unique needs within this funding opportunity. We do this by mitigating the different structures of the Clinical Trials on one hand, and the Horizon 2020 RIA (Research and Innovation Activities) instrument on the other.
The inherent conflicts between the two structures that need proper attention and planning include:
- The Clinical trial protocol vs. the RIA proposal template
- The Horizon 2020 payment structure vs. the Clinical Trial payment structure (including reference to the Horizon 2020 “Unit cost”)
- Fixed consortium structure vs. Competitive recruitment of patients
- Strict RIA duration vs. Variable clinical trial timeframes
- Legal, ethical issues and conflicts
- And more…
*For applicants without prior Horizon 2020 experience, it is advised to first become highly familiar with the Horizon 2020 funding scheme, which can be done through our dedicated Horizon 2020 workshop.
The topics of the workshop include:
- Introduction to Horizon 2020
- Working in a consortium – and its many flavors
- Types of clinical trials and studies funded under Horizon 2020
- The main challenge: Squaring the circle
- H2020 funding vs. Clinical Trial payment structure
- Unit costs
- Fixed consortium structure vs. dynamic recruitment of patients
- Typical and strict RIA duration vs. variable clinical trial timeframes
- Working with CRO
- Essential Information / Protocol
- Sub-contracting privileges
- Legal and Ethical aspects
- And more…
We recommend attending a workshop as soon as possible, and no later than 3 months before the relevant Horizon 2020 call deadline to allow considerable time for the proposal preparation phase.
Would you like to receive updates when the new Horizon Europe course is available?