It is possible to fund Clinical Trials in Horizon 2020, but it is not a straight forward task.
The main challenge is to mitigate the different structures of the Clinical Trials on one hand and the Horizon 2020 RIA (Research and Innovation Activities) instrument on the other.
The inherent conflicts between the two structures that need proper attention and planning include:
- The Clinical trial protocol vs. the RIA proposal template
- The Horizon 2020 payment structure vs. the Clinical Trial payment structure (including reference to the Horizon 2020 “Unit cost”)
- Fixed consortium structure vs. Competitive recruitment of patients
- Strict RIA duration vs. Variable clinical trial timeframes
- Legal, ethical issues and conflicts
- And more…
We offer a dedicated and customized workshop attending to the unique needs of Clinical Trials in Horizon 2020, based on our extensive hands-on experience in these projects. Our experience shows that good training leads to better research proposals and projects.
The workshop content – Clinical Trials in Horizon 2020
Scope: Funding clinical trials in Horizon 2020 is not trivial. The training will focus on the best practices of building a clinical trial-based Horizon 2020 project. The topics include –
- Introduction to Horizon 2020 topics
- Working in a consortium – and its many flavors
- Types of clinical trials and studies funded under Horizon 2020
- The main challenge: Squaring the circle
- H2020 funding vs. Clinical Trial payment structure
- Unit costs
- Fixed consortium structure vs. dynamic recruitment of patients
- Typical and strict RIA duration vs. variable clinical trial timeframes
- Working with CRO
- Essential Information / Protocol
- Sub-contracting privileges
- Legal and Ethical aspects
- And more…
Target audience: Clinicians and/or researchers who wish to apply for EU funding for their clinical trial(s); Research administrators of medical centres/hospitals who wish to deepen their knowledge on funding clinical trials in Horizon 2020.
The workshop is divided into two segments:
- A main presentation, including interactive Q&A and discussion (up to 3 hours); followed by
- Individual meetings with potential applicants to discuss their project ideas.
Would you like to receive more information about this service? Let us know below and we’ll take it from there.
***It is understood and agreed that provided information must be kept confidential. Enspire Science does not disclose the confidential information obtained.