Join our growing team of freelance Scientific Experts!
Enspire Science is looking for Scientific Experts in all fields of science to help to excel innovative and groundbreaking scientific research applications.
As a Scientific Expert, you will be tasked with reviewing and evaluating the scientific aspects of research grant applications for our clients. This will be done for a selection of top European funding schemes under the Horizon 2020 programme (and Horizon Europe starting in 2021), including ERC, Pathfinder (FET-Open), EIC Accelerator, MSCA, RI, all Societal Challenges & Industrial Leadership pillars, and more.
Description and responsibilities:
- The main goal of the Expert’s task is to provide meaningful and constructive feedback about the scientific merits and presentation of the applicant’s project. Our primary interest in the expert’s feedback is whether the scientific merits and presentation (i.e. how messages are conveyed by the text) of the project are as competitive as expected and, in case they are not, to suggest how these can be improved.
- Work is on a per project basis, as needed.
- The Expert will communicate directly with Enspire Science’s internal team of consultants, and provide scientific feedback as requested.
What we’re looking for in potential Scientific Experts:
- At least a Master’s degree level, preferably PhD, with strong research track record in academia and/or industry.
- 5+ years of practical experience in the specific scientific area, including significant involvement in academic writing of publications of all sorts.
- Excellent critical reading skills.
Scope & Terms of work:
Enspire Science will contact experts on a per project basis, when there is a need for the specific scientific expertise. Though we work on a very high volume of project proposals per grant call period, we cannot guarantee any number of project evaluations per expert. Additionally, since grant applications are largely a timely manner – we expect swift responses and ongoing adherence to our timelines and deadline policies. Further details will be provided upon receiving a project proposal.
Periodically, Enspire Science will hold online training & briefing sessions for experts to best familiarize themselves with the grants we work with, and we openly invite our team of experts to attend.
To certify your expertise background, and provide additional important confidentiality terms for your initial approval – please fill out the form in the link below:
Do you have any questions about this opportunity before applying? Contact us!